The great people at Birchbox sent me a fancy bag of Liz Earle beauty products to review! You probably know about Birchbox because of their awesome and super popular monthly subscription box but you may not know that they also sell a ton of fancy beauty products, home goods, and even gourmet snacks. One of the newest items in their inventory is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Starter Kit.
If you’re not familiar with Liz Earle, her beauty products are HG (“Holy Grail” for those uninitiated in beauty board speak) quality and are cult favorites all over the world. I was SUPER excited to test out this starter kit!
The kit – which can only be purchased in Birchbox’s online shop – comes in a pretty blue bag and contains four Liz Earle beauty products: Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser (promised to take off even the most stubborn eye makeup without scrubbing), two Pure Muslin Cloths, Instant Boost™ Skin Tonic (basically a face toner), and Skin Repair Moisturiser™ (Normal/Combination or Dry/Sensitive).
I’ve been using the products for about two weeks and here are my thoughts:
(1) I love the packaging. They all look so pretty in my medicine cabinet! This probably matters to me more than it should.
(2) I am not a fan of the muslin cloths. I tried to get into it but it just squicks me out to reuse these cloths every day. It’s probably fine, especially with the hot water that they tell you to use, but it just feels unsanitary to me.
(3) The moisturizer is REALLY nice, especially for winter, but best to use before bed, not before putting on makeup in the morning. (It’s heavy.) It really had made my face feels softer and my skin feel less tight. It also has a nice, subtle scent.
(4) I’m not a fan of toner in general as it dries out my skin and makes it oily (if that makes sense).
(5) The cleanser really does work! It’s basically like a cold cream, and smells/feels like one too. I have a REALLY hard time getting eye makeup off my eyes. Like, I can seriously use an entire box of tissues and a whole bottle of eye makeup remover and then if I touch my lashes, more mascara will STILL come off on my fingers. I have eyeliner on my eyes that I’m pretty sure has been there since like 2002. THIS CLEANSER TOOK IT OFF. For the first time in maybe my ENTIRE adult life, I touched my eyelashes and NO makeup came off on my fingers! It’s a miracle! It makes my mascara go on SO much more smoothly.
Those are my thoughts on the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish kit from Birchbox! If you’re already a Birchbox subscriber, you might have gotten a deluxe sample size of one of these products in your October box. If you did, what did you think?